ISSA Northern Virginia Chapter is pleased to announce our 30th CISSP Study Group. We conduct these study groups in order to provide access to high-quality, low-priced resources to further the Information Security profession, and help our community members meet the compliance requirements outlined in DoD 8570.01 and 8140.01. Our study group sessions are highly affordable even for those who are not reimbursed for educational expenses.
Dates: Tuesday nights April 2, 2020 thru June 12, 2020 (12 weeks)
Time: 5:30P.M. – 8:30 P.M.
Where: Riverstone Project (at the offices of H3O Labs)
7927 Jones Branch Dr. #1100
McLean, VA 22102
Cost: $525 for ISSA Members; $655 for Non-ISSA Members
Register here: https://forms.gle/kYLrnS4xWyjGs7eP8
The registration fee includes attendance at the study group, textbook, and dinner! (The cost of the CISSP exam is not included.)
Reasons you should join our study group:
- Great instructors. Many of our instructors were pioneers in the information security field and personally worked with some of the people we read about in our textbook
- Low cost. Much more economical than Boot Camps or other comparable study groups.
- Group dynamics of a live, instructor-led study group
- Time for things to sink in. This is not a one-week boot camp. We want you to learn, not cram.
- Hang out with other smart people. Meet and make friends with other people who are serious about advancing their careers. Enjoy intelligent conversation.
- Meet and network with new people working in your industry.
- Earn CPEs. Already have another certification? This will likely count toward CPEs for existing certs.
- Structure. A physical class imposes a little external discipline to your study schedule. A little peer pressure to keep up with the group can be a good thing. Some people want to go at a slower pace, but most of us need a little push.
- Chapter Membership. Join ISSA within three months of class completion and the Chapter will refund the chapter dues.